From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] suspend/hibernate and genkernel.
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 03:14:37
1 I am trying to get my system(s) ready for the new (read crappy) way
2 mandated by udev and am having some issues.
3
4 I usually manually compile my kernels, use tuxonice and dont use an
5 initrd/initramfs.
6
7 As ToI is not available for the latest kernels, I updated openrc and
8 installed genkernel but then found I couldnt use in-kernel suspend to
9 disk - googling implies that genkernel doesnt support suspend/hibernate
10 but there are various kludges to get it to work.
11
12 So whats the least invasive, but workable kludge?
13
14 hibernate, pmhibernate, swsuspend, uswsuspend, ...
15
16 Are there any (up to date) docs?
19 BillK