From: Fast Turtle <fturtle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fbpanel - Fluxbox - Gkrellm Questions
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 01:24:14
1 On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 21:56:05 +0100
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday 06 Jun 2013 20:21:34 Fast Turtle wrote:
5 > > Several questions/issues here
6 > >
7 > > Fluxbox
8 > >
9 > > I want to add the option to shutdown - reboot - sleep to the fluxbox menu
10 > > similar to how KDE offered them using powerdevil
11 >
12 > If I can try to answer one of them, this is what used to work fine for me (I
13 > don't really use fluxbox anymore, but have it there as a back up when
14 > enlightenement screws up ;-) )
15 >
16 > [exec] (Hibernate) {sudo /usr/sbin/hibernate}
19 > > Anyone with working entries want to post em?
20 > >
21 > > Using Gkrellm and anyone have suggestions for a plug-in that offers the
22 > > shutdown - reboot - sleep options (used to be one but?)
23 > >
24 > > Last is Fbpanel
25 > >
26 > > Tested it and although it's nice and offers the options, I can't modify the
27 > > blasted menu as needed (where is it hiding the menu config?) and the power
28 > > options all reference sudo (gnomes method) and I'd rather use either the
29 > > same method kde did with same features (lock/logout shutdown/reboot sleep)
30 > > so anyone with working configs?
31 > >
32 > > One thing I don't like about fbpanel is it's hiding of the fluxbox
33 > > taskbar/tray (Yep flux now has a tray) so I'm not even sure I'll keep the
34 > > thing installed but I'm willing to give it a try if I can edit/tweak the
35 > > menu and such since it may prove usable in fvwm as I'm testing that.
36 >
37 > From what I recall Fluxbox had a tool tray for years, but I never used
38 > fbpanel. Instead Ctrl+scroll got me around my 4 desktops.
39 > --
40 > Regards,
41 > Mick
42 Thanks for the feedback Mick but I'm going a different route.
43
44 Had to install the pm-utils package as that includes the suspend feature I want and have added my user to the shutdown group - easier then sudo and doesn't require a pw then.