From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Experiences with Flatpak?
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 19:58:59
1 On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 01:02:39PM -0600, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 12:48 PM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 > > I'm shopping for an IMAP email client that does a decent job of
6 > > handling HTML. After doing a bit of reading I decided the first one
7 > > to try would be Geary.
10 I use Thunderbird, it works well.
13 > > Is it practical to use flatpak apps on Gentoo?
16 > In my experience is amazing. Gentoo sometimes takes a lot of time to
17 > stabilize some packages; flatpak usually have them immediately. For nightly
18 > builds is even better, since you don't need to pollute your stable system.
19 >
20 > I'm using
21 >
22 > git://github.com/fosero/flatpak-overlay.git
25 Same here - it works great. I run closed-source freeware like steam,
26 spotify, and discord and don't have any problems.
27
28 Alec