From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xkb definitions
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:30:24
1 On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:55:37 -0400
2 Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Are there guides on making custom xkb layout(s)? I want to use a
5 > custom phonetic Russian layout without requiring a UTF-8 keyboard
6 > tr/iconv equivalent (echo qwerty | kbtr -f qwerty -t yazherty)
7 >
8 > --
9 > Andrey Vul
10 > begin-base64 600 sig
11 > bXNuLCBob21lOiBhbmRyZXkudnVsQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ0KdSBvZiB0OiBhbmRyZXkudnVsQHV0b3Jv
12 > bnRvLmNhDQpzbXMsIHZvaWNlbWFpbDogNDE2MzAzOTkyMw0K
13 > `
14 > end
15 >
16 There were quite a lot of X11 libs affected by a recent emerge on my system
17 and there were almost 68 config files that required installing/updating. A
18 number of them dealt with the very subject you are enquiring here.
19
20 Sorry I can't be more specific - if you look at the files you emerged
21 in the last week (on a stable system) you will hopefully find the config files
22 I refer to here. Otherwise, give me a shout and will look deeper into it.
25 Regards,
26 Mick