From: Toby 'qubit' Cubitt <tsc25@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to upload files...?any tool?
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:33:37
1 On 00:22 Fri 11 Nov , El Nino wrote:
2 > Dear friends,
3 >
4 > i develop my own webpages & now want to upload them to a remote server. so
5 > im new to do this... so can any body to point me a tool to do this?
6
7 If you can find some way (e.g. shell access or a friendly sysadmin) to
8 install it on the remote server, I highly recommend unison:
9
10 * net-misc/unison
11 Latest version available: 2.13.16
12 Latest version installed: 2.13.16
13 Size of downloaded files: 1,001 kB
14 Homepage: http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/
16 License: GPL-2
17
18 It uses the rsync protocol, so is much faster than copying the files if you've
19 just made small changes. But unlike rsync it allows full two-way
20 synchronisation, which is very useful if files can be changed on the server as
21 well as on your local copy.
22
23 HTH,
24
25 Toby
26 --
27 PhD Student
28 Quantum Information Theory group
29 Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics
30 Garching, Germany
31
32 email: toby@××××××××.org
33 web: www.dr-qubit.org