From: "Ignas Anikevičius" <anikevicius@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Please help, kernel can not load root
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 00:13:36
1 On 29 April 2012 18:35, Ignas Anikevičius <anikevicius@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > it's been several since I have tried to make my machine boot again without
6 > any live CDs and I could not narrow the main issue down. The problem is
7 > that the kernel can not mount the root partition.
8 >
9 > Some info about my system:
10 > running ~amd64
11 > kernel: gentoo-sources-3.3.3
12 > bootloader: grub2-9999 (grub.cfg generated with grub2-mkconfig -o
13 > /boot/grub2/grub.cfg)
14 > root partition is ext4, but ext4 is built into kernel
15 > I have a separate /boot partition
16 >
17 > my grub.cfg can be found here:
18 > http://pastebin.com/nm6HCkpM
19 >
20 > I have written down some log messages from the last boot. Sorry if
21 > something is not 100% accurate as I took a crappy picture with my phone and
22 > tried to rewrite everything:
23 > http://pastebin.com/0zQN6X5t
24 >
25 > I would very appreciate someones help.
26 >
27 > Thanks,
28 > Ignas A.
31 Hello to everybody once more. I gave it ago and installed drivers for all
32 storage related controllers, but nothing has changed. As I understand, the
33 hdd is recognized, so I do not know where to look now.
34
35 The log can be see in this image:
36 http://s10.postimage.org/hieljd661/29042012017.jpg
37
38 I tried to rewrite it here:
39 ======================================================================
40 ata1: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 300)
41 ata1.00: ACPI cmd ...
42 ...
43 ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
44 scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access ATA WDC WD3200...
45 ...
46 ata2: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 300)
47 ata2.00: ACPI cmd ...
48 ata2.00: ATAPI: Optiarc DVD RW AD-...
49 ..
50 ata2.00: configured for UDMA/100
51 scsi 1:0:0:0: CD-ROM
52 registered taskstats version 1
53 Magic number...
54 pci_link ... : hash matches
55 console ... enabled
56 netconsole: network logging started
57 Root-NFS: no NFS server address
58 VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy
59 VFS: Cannot open root device "sda7" or unknown-block(2,0)
60 Please append a correct "root=" boot option: here are the available
61 partitions:
62 Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
63 unknown-block(2,0)
64 Pid: 1, comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 3.3.3-gentoo #7
65 Call Trace:
66 ... panic
67 ... ? printk
68 ... mount_block_root
69 ... mount_root
70 ... prepare_namespace
71 ... kernel_init
72 ... kernel_thread
73 ... ? start_kernel
74 ... ? gs_change
75 panic occured, switching back to text console
77
78 Thanks,
79 Ignas