From: Michael Hampicke <mgehampicke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local overlay problem
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 12:11:19
1 2013/2/1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
2
3 > On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:07:24 +0100, Michael Hampicke wrote:
4 >
5 > > What about not using the local overlay and simply do emerge --nodeps
6 > > firefox and see what happens? I know, crude.... but simple :)
7 >
8 > Because every emerge @world will want to install ALSA.
9 >
10 > You may find it will not compile without alsa-lib being present, you could
11 > try moving the dep from RDEPEND to DEPEND, then you can remove alsa-lib
12 > once the emerge has completed.
13 >
14 > BTW, /var/lib/layman is for layman-managed overlays, local overlays are
15 > best kept separate.
18 I understand that, but Philip wrote that he wanted to find out if he could
19 compile ff without alsa-lib beeing present. To just test this case, emerge
20 --nodeps ff is perfect. If he finds out that ff would infact compile
21 without alsa-lib, he could open a bug rebort at b.g.o to make alsa-lib
22 optional. (or for that matter, create a patched ebuild in his local overlay)