From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Btrfs "stable" enough?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 01:04:06
1 >> Ok for me so far, but still seems slower than ext4, and i'm using
2 >> compression, inode_cache and space_cache.
3 >
4 > Does ext4 have compression? I didn't know it did. If it doesn't, then,
5 > yeah, you're adding some serious overhead and real latency.
6
7 Sorry I wasn't clear. Compression, inode_cache and space_cache are
8 btrfs mount options. LZO compression on btrfs increases performance in
9 most benchmarks i've seen. ZLIB is 50/50, some better some worse, but
10 of course you get a better compression rate.