From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Routing Problems
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 13:14:10
1 On 10/19/2014 06:31 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > On Saturday 18 Oct 2014 19:13:23 Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
3 >> arpscanning the entire subnet results in 3 responses, with 2 being
4 >> displayed and 1 being dropped by the kernel.
5 > Oh! I wonder if this is your problem. I can't answer why 1 response is being
6 > dropped by the kernel. Have you set up some fancy tcp wrappers or firewall
7 > rules at the desktop?
10 Nope, running vanilla-sources, no tcp wrappers or firewall. In fact,
11 iptables wasn't installed until arp-scan or wireshark or another network
12 tool pulled it in as a dependency.
13
14 If you're really interested as to why this happens and can tell me how I
15 can even log something like this, I'd be more than willing to play
16 around with it.
17
18 Alec