From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] A couple projects on my laptop
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:49:16
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Jure Varlec [mailto:exzombie@×××××××××××××××.net]
3 > Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:20 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A couple projects on my laptop
6 >
7 > On Monday 08 May 2006 20:48, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
8 > > I need to be able to use a USB to Serial dongle to talk to my
9 > > switches -- the adapters that I have are Triplite ones and I do have
10 the
11 > > driver disk for windows -- along with this, I need a good
12 communications
13 > > program (equivalent to hyperterm ) to use with them to talk to my
14 > > switches and to my UPS
15 >
16 > There are many drivers in the kernel. They've got a category among
17 other
18 > USB
19 > devices. I'm not sure, but it may be that you have to enable serial
20 > support.
21 > You can read more under Documentation/usb/usb-serial.txt.
22 >
23 > For the terminal, I recommend net-dialup/minicom.
26 [Timothy A. Holmes]
31 Ok - sounds good - -I will dig into them a bit more
32
33 Timothy A. Holmes
34 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
35
36 Medina Christian Academy
37 A Higher Standard...
38