From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] enlightenment experience
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 16:06:13
1 On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 6:58 AM Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > I'm considering switching from Gnome to Enlightenment. Looks very nice but
5 > has very few
6 > native applications, I was wondering why since it's been around since '97.
7 > Then I found
8 > this [1] and, as a sw programmer, got a little bit scared...
9 >
10 > Are there any Gentoo enlightenment users who could share their experience
11 > with this DE?
12 > Some native (EFL) applications are available only via the
13 > enlightenment-live overlay, how
14 > stable is this?
15 > I need a session manager to temporarily switch user without logging out,
16 > suggestions?
17 > I'd go with openRC, non-wayland if possible. I never got accustomed to
18 > systemd.
21 Have you considered using Xfce? I think it has all the features you want,
22 and it's pretty lightweight.
23
24 Regards.
25 --