From: Szabo Bence <szbence@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I think I messed up USE flag by using -alsa as Gnome has no sound
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:06:29
1 2005-07-12, k keltezéssel 01.17-kor Holly Bostick ezt írta:
2 > Richard Watson schreef:
3 > > Hi - I've just finished compiling Gnome and have no sound whatsoever.
4 > > Looking at my USE flags I noticed I had inadvertently set -alsa as a flag.
5 > >
6 > > At this stage I've changed the flag to alsa and re-run genkernel. But still
7 > > no sound. Do I have to recompile everything from scratch or have I made an
8 > > incorrect diagnosis of the problem?
9 > >
10 > > As always any help would be appreciated
11 > > --
12 > > Regards, Richard
13 > > ECRM Imaging Systems
18 > Have you loaded the newly-compiled alsa driver modules for your sound
19 > card, run alsaconf and unmuted the mixer via alsamixer?
20 >
21 > Holly
22 Hi! I haven't got any sound too. I emerged all the alsa things, and when
23 I alsaconf tries to start the sound I get this:
28 * ERROR: Failed to load necessary drivers
29
30 I have Nvidia Nforce chipset (alsaconf recognises it well), and I
31 emerged everything with alsa USE flag, in the kernel alsa-stuff are
32 enabled too. I've made it from the gentoo alsa howto, but it just
33 do not work... Maybe the driver sould be installed somehow? Or did
34 I miss something?
35
36 Thx!
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list