From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: About mount with user rw
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:35:24
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> I've done this before but have lost my notes about I guess.
5 >>
6 >> I want to mount a device /dev/hdd7 so that my users can read/write
7 >> freely there.
8 >>
9 >> This line, does not do it:
10 >>
11 >> grep hdd7 /etc/fstab
12 >> /dev/hdd7 /home/reader/spool reiserfs noatime,exec,users,rw 0 2
13 >>
14 >> (using the singular `user' didn't help either.
15 >>
16 >> What is the syntax I need?
17 >
18 > Are the permissions set on /home/reader/spool (when mounted) so that
19 > the users can read and write to it?
20
21 ahhh no. And I see doing that cures the problem, but how do I make
22 this happen at every mount... is there syntax for fstab in the options
23 column that take care of that or does it have to be scripted or something
24 to get it to happen with every mount. Maybe in the local.start init
25 script.
26
27 But I was under the impression this could be done with mount options.