From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild / missing ebuild
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 17:22:25
1 On Monday 01 January 2007 08:16, Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild / missing ebuild':
3 > revdep-rebuild produces a long list of binaries to be rebuilt. Not wuite
4 > surprising since I haven't done it on that box for a long while.
5 > Problem is it tells me that at least for one binary no ebuild exists but
6 > it doesn't tell me which binary. Bummer! How do I find out?
7
8 ???
9
10 Are you running with the -q option? Normally in the "assigning file to
11 packages" stage it will produce error text like "<file> not owned by any
12 package is broken". Maybe check your output again? Or run with the -v
13 option to see if you get any extra messages?
16 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
17 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
18 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
19 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh