From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Picking out a printer. Questions.
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 18:21:46
1 On 2019-04-26, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > P. S.  Is there anything special I should do to make sure no one can
4 > access my printer over the internet and do something bad?  Does the DSL
5 > modem and router protect that by default?
6
7 All the DSL modems I've ever seen were also NAT/router/firewalls, if
8 that's the case, you should be OK. It's _possible_ your modem is a
9 bridge not a router/firewall. If that's the case, then you
10 _really_need_ to get a NAT/router/firewall to put between you modem
11 and everything else on your network.
14 Grant