From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mutt: Tagging on the contents of mails
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 03:25:03
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > is there any way to mark mails as tagged based on the contents
5 > of the body of the mails?
6 >
7 > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
8 > Best regards,
9 > mcc
13 That depends on your mail reader. I use Seamonkey and it can do that.
14 I would think that Thunderbird can as well. In Seamonkey go to Tools,
15 then select Message Filters. Then click to create a new filter. Type
16 in a filter name or it will puke later, I usually forget that. In the
17 middle section, it usually defaults to Subject here, you need to change
18 that to Body. In the field to the right of that, fill in whatever you
19 want it to detect, udev, USB or whatever text you want to select. In
20 the bottom section, defaults to Move Message to here, change that to Tag
21 Message then select on the right what you want it tagged as. If you use
22 Seamonnkey, check out all the other options as well. If you use
23 Thunderbird, I would think it would do the same but things may be in
24 different places. Maybe the instructions will give ideas where to look.
25
26 I'm not sure that is exactly what you want but that is what I know can
27 be done here. Again, depends on if we are talking about the same thing
28 and what reader you use as well.
29
30 Hope that helps.
31