From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sendmail configuration
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 16:43:19
1 On 11/26/20 6:56 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > After trying to think of reasons to use sendmail, I beganto wonder if
3 > it still supports bang-routing and UUCP as a transport mechanism. A
4 > bit of googling seems to indicate that it does.
5
6 Yes. I have used this a few times in the last 18 months. Mostly for
7 fun through my small UUCP network.
8
9 > So there's one thing (that I do understand) that can be done with
10 > sendmail that can't (AFAICT) be done with the usual replacements.
11
12 I thought at least one of the other contemporary MTAs also supported UUCP.
13
14 I would assume anything that does support UUCP would also support
15 bang-routing as I believe that's more of a UUCP function than an MTA
16 function. So I'm surprised at the idea that other things that do
17 support UUCP don't support bang-routing.
22 Grant. . . .
23 unix || die