From: Jonathan Gill <jonathan.gill@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems with udev and network cards changing device name
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:02:49
1 Hi.
2
3 Ive got a weird problem here and hoping someone can give me a solution,
4 or point me to some docs that show how to resolve this.
5
6 I have a system that I have built that I use as a base for all my other
7 boxes. (think stage 4)
8
9 I tar it up, boot the new box on a livecd, and untar it after mounting
10 up the drive on /mnt/gentoo
11
12 To tar it up, I boot on a live cd, mount the partitions as needed (root
13 and boot) and then tar with cjpf the whole thing.
14
15 Once ive set the bootloader up and rebooted, it moves the network cards
16 from eth0 and eth1 to eth2 and eth3 (and its just moved them to eth4 and
17 eth5 on a new installation!)
18
19 What can I do to make sure it comes up as eth0 and eth1 each time?
20
21 Im guessing its a udev problem, but could be anything else.
22
23 udev version is - 104-r12
24 baselayout is version - 1.12.9
25 kernel is gentoo-sources 2.6.19-gentoo-r5
26
27 Many thanks for any help
28
29 Jonathan