From: Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server 1.7.6 without mouse and keyboard (solved)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:01:56
1 Hi Mark!
2 you were entirely right, the problem were the input drivers.
3
4 There three packages I remerged:
5
6 xf86-input-mouse
7 xf86-input-keyboard
8 xf86-input-evdev
9
10 and the problem was gone.
13 Tamer
14
15 Am 13.07.2010 18:45, schrieb Mark Knecht:
16 > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> wrote:
17 >
18 >> Hi people!
19 >> After upgrading my system, xorg-server 1.7.6 is on my system. I regenrated
20 >> the config file Xorg -configure. The display is shown proparly with
21 >> everything around it but I don't have a mice and keyboard.
22 >>
23 >> How do I get the mouse and keyboard to run. I followed the steps from the
24 >> official gentoo xorg guide, and nothing changed.
25 >>
26 >> Any ideas?!
29 >> for any I help I would kindly thank you.
33 >> Tamer Higazi
34 >>
35 > What's in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
36 >
37 > For me this problem is typical caused by 1 of 2 things:
38 >
39 > 1) I've upgraded the kernel (in you case maybe xorg) and I've
40 > forgotten to rebuild mouse & keyboard
41 >
42 > 2) Something has changed WRT hal.
43 >
44 > Either way it's always been resolved using modules-rebuild -X rebuiild
45 > which rebuilds (for me) a list of 9 packages. You could test the
46 > theory by rebuilding (at a minimum)
47 >
48 > xorg-drivers
49 > xf86-input-mouse
50 > xf86-input-keyboard