From: Erik <sigra@××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] HELP! Network status changes randomly, how to diagnose?
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:49:39
1 I am trying to connect my Gentoo computer to my D-Link DVG-1120 (VoIP
2 Gateway with NAT) again after 3 months. It used to work great, but now
3 the network status is changing randomly. Sometimes I can load a webpage,
4 but then when I click on a link I get an error message. Then it may
5 suddenly work again. The Internet connection to the gateway works fine
6 and I can make phonecalls with the phones that are connected to it. It
7 is the link to the computer that is broken. The computer works when
8 connected directly to the internet and the cable works perfectly too
9 (tested elsewhere). I see that it is changing randomly by executing the
10 command
11 ifconfig eth0|grep "inet addr:"
12 repeateldy. Sometimes I get nothing, sometimes I get:
13 inet addr:192.168.0.46 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
14 It looks random. What can I do about it? Is there some software for
15 analyzing it?
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list