From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I solve "emerge @preserved-rebuild" loop?
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:40:06
1 On 12/8/09, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 08 December 2009 14:08:47 Dale wrote:
3 >> Is this the one where you need to fetch the files first, then un-emerge
4 >> and emerge? I recall one being that way but not sure if it is this one.
5 >
6 > No, that was a while ago. This is simply a conflict involving e2fsprogs-libs
7 >
8 > Doesn't remove wget
9
10 Well, I think Mr. Dalek is entirely correct, this is the same problem.
11 e2fsprogs-libs nowadays contains the com_err library, missing of which
12 was (IIRC) causing problems with, e.g., wget in the olden days.
13
14 Anyone know how the problem was actually fixed? Did they start linking
15 wget statically? Or are we relying on portage's new tricks, like
16 background downloading, which hides 99% of the problem under the rug,
17 as you will very likely have the sources already downloaded during
18 previous compiles?
21 Arttu V.