From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] imagemagick display image edit tool draws an opaque background [UPDATE]
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 19:47:33
1 Out of desperation, I've found out a workaround to this.  This
2 workaround suggests that it's a (introduced) bug in the program, because
3 I can't make out any logic to it.
4
5 im-display-eg-200913-1.png shows how the background is a not transparent
6 but a single color from the original background.  Note that the
7 "ellipse" tool was chosen, not the "fill-ellipse".
8
9 To get that image, I selected "image-edit -> draw... ->
10
11   element -> ellipse
12
13   color -> red
14
15 Normally, the color selects the color of the element.  This was new to
16 me that I got a white element when selecting red.  On other images, I
17 indeed get red.  But with the opaque "nonfill".  A "fill ellipse" would
18 have colored in the element with the selected color.
19
20 Anyway, im-display-eg-200913-2.png shows with I drew three ellipses,
21 changing only the color  The second ellipse, of a dark color, was indeed
22 transparent, showing the text underneath.  When I tried to change the
23 color to red again, I got the white square on the third ellipse.
24
25 I said this was a workaround, because by experimenting around, I could
26 get my red ellipse with transparent innerds and finish my project.  But
27 in preparing this report, I realized it's much more broken than I'd thought.