From: Ralph Seichter <m16+gentoo@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using an old kernel .config as the basis for a new .config
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 20:35:20
On 28.12.17 20:52, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> There is some way of initialising a new kernel .config from an existing > one, I am sure, but I can't find it.
If your previous kernel has IKCONFIG support(*) enabled, I recommend these steps for a kernel update to keep as many configuration options as possible: # eselect kernel set {number} # cd /usr/src/linux # zcat /proc/config.gz > .config # make silentoldconfig -Ralph (*) https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel/IKCONFIG_Support