From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Customised System Rescue CD -> USB stick and UEFI
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 05:02:40
1 On Saturday 17 Sep 2016 22:55:32 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 17:10:28 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Has anyone managed to install a customised (or even standard) SysRescCd
4 > > image onto a USB stick so that it will boot in UEFI mode?
5 >
6 > I've done it several times with a stock SysResCd. Just loop mount the ISO
7 > and run the install script.
8
9 Yes, I can do that with no trouble; I just wanted to see if I could use
10 their instructions to make my own version.
11
12 > I've never bothered to try to customise it as I usually only use them to
13 > install Gentoo.
14
15 A few times this box has somehow lost its UEFI stubs and I've had to use a
16 rescue CD to reinstall them.
19 Rgds
20 Peter