From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: new installation - partitions
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 00:49:16
1 On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > What changed with our docs? Most likely a deep change in doc-team
4 > personnel, but I don;t know for sure.
7 Some of it is probably the docs team. Some of it was that we were
8 very slow to switch to a Wiki, which makes it harder for non-staff to
9 contribute.
10
11 However, I think another big factor is that necessity is the mother of
12 invention. If I am looking up how to do something and I see Arch has
13 a really good article on how to do it, why would I invest a lot of
14 time to basically re-write it just to put it on the Gentoo website?
15 Sure, if it needs a lot of adjustments for Gentoo that might make
16 sense, but since both distros tend to follow upstream that is often
17 not the case.
20 Rich