From: Espen Hustad <espen.hustad@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re enter chroot install
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 01:03:58
1 2008/5/15, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I have a installation that did not complete successfully.
6 > I need to re enter the chroot environment, using a
7 > install cd. For argue purposes, let's assume the hard drive
8 > is formatted exactly as the example in the handbook. All I want to
9 > do is emerge an older kernel and compile it. According
10 > to what I glean from the handbook, these are the minimal steps
11 > to re enter the chroot environment after a failed reboot:
17 > # mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/gentoo
18 > # mkdir /mnt/gentoo/boot
19 > # mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/gentoo/boot
20 > # mount -t proc none /mnt/gentoo/proc
21 > # mount -o bind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev
22 > # chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
23 > # env-update
24 > # source /etc/profile
25 > # export PS1="(chroot) $PS1"
28 > Anything else I missed?
29
30 No.
33 Any of the above steps that are not necessary?
34
35 mkdir /mnt/gentoo/boot
38 James
39 >