From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: reiserfsprogs
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:39:35
1 Hello James,
2
3 > > > hold down Alt and SysReq/PrtScr and press S, U and B in turn to
4 > > > reboot (reasonably) cleanly
5 >
6 > Interesting idea however this laptop does not have this key
7 > "SysReq/PrtScr".
8
9 As Boyd said, it may be hidden (in which case it is very well hidden on
10 this iBook, I haven't found it yet :( However, I've never seen an x86
11 system that doesn't have one somewhere.
12
13 > > so everything is killed, and nothing trying to write to disk, when
14 > > unmounting them.
15
16 > Hmm, I do not think you understand, when I exit X/kde the entire system
17 > is latched up tight. None of the keys work, nothing is echoed to the
18 > screen, the system is latched up tight.
19
20 Magic SysReq works at the kernel level, so it usually works even when the
21 system appears completely locked up.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Zmodem has bigger bits, softer blocks, and tighter ASCII