From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is VLAN configuration manual section up to date?
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 14:10:35
1 On 5 February 2014 14:29:41 CET, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 >On Wed, 5 February 2014, at 5:31 am, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
4 >wrote:
5 >> …
6 >> I disabled the udev device name randomizer to ensure I keep the eth*
7 >names.
8 >
9 >LOL. We seem to have a wholly different understanding of what the word
10 >"random" means.
11 >
12 >Stroller.
13
14 On a host with 1 network device, I expext to be able to find it using a single name.
15 Eth0 is that.
16
17 Udev generates a different value based on some weird logic.
18 That is what I mean with randomizer. As I cannot predict the interface name prior to boot.
21 Joost
22 --
23 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.