From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to run kernel 2.4 with NPTL support?
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 02:29:00
1 On Freitag, 20. April 2007, Zhixu Liu wrote:
2 > Does anyone know how to run kernel 2.4 with NPTL support? Thanks.
3 >
4 > I'm running fine with kernel 2.6, but for some special requirements, we
5 > need to switch to kernel 2.4, then the kernel just panic.
6 > glibc is compiled with nptl, no nptlonly. Any suggestions?
7
8 you need patches for that. 2.4 was never intended to be used with ntpl. Also,
9 you need an older glibc - the latest ones won't work with 2.4.
10
11 In short: a 2.4 kernel with ntpl patches and/or a glibc <2.4
12
13 Patches might be found in some acient Redhat patchsets.
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list