From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Umlaut trouble in filenames
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:56:06
1 Renat Golubchyk writes:
2
3 > schrieb Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>:
4 > > I have a problem with umlauts in file names. They are working fine
5 > > when I create a file, but I have lots of files I moved from my former
6 > > system that show umlauts just as a question mark. I think I
7 > > transferred them via NFS.
8 > >
9 > > I have LANG=de_DE.utf8@euro set now, before it was unset. Those
10 > > umlaut files refuse to play in applications like amarok2. I can
11 > > rename them with mv on the command line, making use of tab
12 > > completion, but it's annoying.
13 > >
14 > > So, does anyone have a trick to automate this?
15 >
16 > Use app-text/convmv.
17
18 Wow, this is not exactly what I was looking for, it is much better. THANKS!
19
20 Wonko