From: Steve Evans <stevee@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Music Database Collection
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 23:54:48
1 On Wednesday 03 January 2007 21:30, Steve Dibb wrote:
2 > Sean wrote:
3 > > I would like to create a database of some sort for my music collection.
4 > > It is large so I thought that somehow I could use some application
5 > > that could pull the info from a freebd server and if I wished I could
6 > > alter any info. Try to entering it all by hand will be just to big of
7 > > a project.
8 > >
9 > > I also hope to be able to export that info somehow. This attempted
10 > > project will only be fully useful if I can get the database in some
11 > > form into my Palm after it is created.
12 > >
13 > > Any such packages in portage that anyone can recommend for such a
14 > > project?
15 > > Any tips from anyone who has attempted such a project?
16 > >
17 > > Also, I am running Gentoo amd64, so the app(s) will need to run on
18 > > that platform.
19 > >
20 > > Thanks in advance
21 > > Sean
22 >
23 > I would recommend / try tellico.
26 I also would recommend tellico. It should suit your needs as it can export the
27 data to pilot-DB which is an open source database for Palms. See
28 http://pilot-db.sourceforge.net/
29
30 Steve
31 --
32 ____________________________________________________________________
33 Steve Evans E-mail: mailto:stevee@××××××.com
34 WEB: http://www.gorbag.com
35 Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
36 Public Encryption Key: http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html
38
39 2.6.18-gentoo-r6 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GNU/Linux
40
41 23:41:42 up 4 days, 12:13, 1 user, load average: 0.51, 0.51, 0.37
42
43 Stewie Griffin: [thinks] How wonderful it will be to have mother back!
44 Brian Griffin: [thinks] I heard that.
45 Stewie Griffin: [thinks] Damn!