From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: numeric keypad problem
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 04:30:44
1 David Relson wrote:
2 > G'day,
3 >
4 > Yesterday I updated from 2.6.24 to 2.6.25 and, after rebooting, found
5 > that I have problems with my numeric keypad. Its arrow keys, home,
6 > end, etc are _not_ working. I can use the comparable keys between the
7 > alpha keys and the keypad.
8 >
9 > I'm guessing that it's an xorg.conf issue but don't know what to check.
10 >
11 > Any suggestions about xorg.conf or other things to check and examine?
12
13 If you're using the evdev driver for your keyboard, make sure your
14 desktop applet that is responsible for keyboard layouts (both Gnome and
15 KDE have one) is configured to use an "evdev managed keyboard" rather
16 than something like "pc104" and the like.