From: Tom Martin <slarti@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How To set compile time options in emerge
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:28:27
1 On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:36:50 +1300
2 "Oumar Ndiaye" <ondiaye@××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I installed php-4 via emerge but I am having problems getting php to
5 > work with mysql. After many research I have concluded that php-4 is
6 > not compiled with the -with-mysql option.
7 >
8 > I need to recompile php-4 with the -with-mysql option and reinstall
9 > it. How do I do that with emerge or some other ways?
12 Just edit /etc/make.conf, and then add mysql to USE.
13
14 Also, emerge gentoolkit, so that in future you can just enter: 'equery
15 u <somepackage>' and then it will describe all USE flags available for
16 that package.
19 Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti
20 AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, vim, recruiters
21 Gentoo Linux