From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] mod_suphp
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 03:45:33
1 Has anyone out there had any success with www-apache/mod_suphp? If so,
2 I could use some help. I've never been able to make it execute .php
3 files that aren't in /var/www/localhost/htdocs, and I can't even figure
4 out why it allows those, unless it's because /var/www/localhost/htdocs
5 is my DEFAULT_VHOST. I looked in
6 the /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf file and can see no
7 suphp stuff, nor even any references to any. My /etc/suphp.conf is
8 pretty simple:
9
10 camille ~ # cat /etc/suphp.conf
11 [global]
12 ;Path to logfile
13 logfile=/var/log/apache2/suphp_log
14
15 ;Loglevel
16 loglevel=info
17
18 ;User Apache is running as
19 webserver_user=apache
20
21 ;Path all scripts have to be in
22 docroot=/
23
24 ; Security options
25 allow_file_group_writeable=false
26 allow_file_others_writeable=false
27 allow_directory_group_writeable=false
28 allow_directory_others_writeable=false
29
30 ;Check wheter script is within DOCUMENT_ROOT
31 check_vhost_docroot=true
32
33 ;Send minor error messages to browser
34 errors_to_browser=true
35
36 ;PATH environment variable
37 env_path=/bin:/usr/bin
38
39 ;Umask to set, specify in octal notation
40 umask=0077
41
42 ; Minimum UID
43 min_uid=81
44
45 ; Minimum GID
46 min_gid=81
49 [handlers]
50 ;Handler for php-scripts
51 x-httpd-php=php:/usr/lib/php5/bin/php-cgi
52 x-httpd-php5=php:/usr/lib/php5/bin/php-cgi
53 x-httpd-php4=php:/usr/lib/php4/bin/php-cgi
54 x-httpd-phtml=php:/usr/lib/php5/bin/php-cgi
55
56 ;Handler for CGI-scripts
57 x-suphp-cgi=execute:!self
58
59 What am I doing wrong here? I really need this, or if not this, a good
60 workaround. I work for the Director of Music at our local college.
61 Since February I've been working on a web interface for next years Music
62 Festivals. I wrote it in PHP because it's the scripting language that I
63 know best. The web interface is finished except for one detail; it
64 needs to be able to email log reports of actions done by directors
65 registered with the script. The problem is that I want the user
66 'festival@××××××××××××.com' to mail out the log reports, but I can't
67 have that with the current setup because the script will execute under
68 user 'apache' and I don't really want apache in the mail group. Can
69 anyone help me out here?
72 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list