From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Computers and mental/emotional health
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 01:14:37
1 On Tuesday 11 October 2011 00:19:08 Adam Carter wrote:
2 > > Have you ever wondered why the blooming of obesity has coincided with
3 > > the popularity of the low-fat diet?
4 >
5 > Correlation implies causation?
6
7 No, of course not, but it certainly makes me pretty suspicious.
8
9 > Perhaps the blooming of obesity caused people to start looking for new
10 > diets to address the issue.
11
12 Could be, but I'd prefer to believe it was, and is, indoctrination by Those
13 Who Know. There's a whole industry devoted to perpetuating the myth of the
14 low-fat diet. You can get volumes of evidence from Atkins's books.
17 Rgds
18 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23