From: Fernando Canizo <conan@××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: recompiling vim linked to libncursesw
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:30:54
1 El Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 03:50:14PM +0300, Matan Peled me decía:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Fernando Canizo wrote:
6 > > Yes!
7 > > In the next line a LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE:
8 > > �
9 > This doesn't seem to be UTF-8 (I get a box in UTF-8 mode,)
10 > but it looks OK in latin-1.
11 > > But you should see that ok, now if i reply to that message, when it
12 > > reaches me through the list, i will send this stuff:
13 > > á
14 > Now this looks like UTF-8.
15 > > which seems to be (not sure about this) the codification of the two
16 > > bytes of the LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE but un latin1.
17
18 Yes, i did saw the same. I forgot i was replying and forgot to check
19 fenc and enc in vim.
20
21 Now i will force the stuff:
22 setting fenc and enc to utf-8
23 ...
24 Now i write a LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE:
25 á
28 Fernando Canizo - LUGMen: www.lugmen.org.ar - A8N: a8n.lugmen.org.ar
29 I had no shoes and I pitied myself. Then I met a man who had no feet,
30 so I took his shoes.
31 -- Dave Barry
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list