From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libusb build error
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:54:22
1 Hi,
4 > Oh !! Another thing... I suggest you to use an "automatic" update,
5 > like "emerge -vuDp world", see what will happen, and if everything is
6 > okay, try "emerge -vuD world".
7 >
8 > If you do one by one, then you'll may have packages broken, because
9 > you don't know dependency tree by heart, so you should portage work
10 > for you.
11 >
12 > I'd do:
13 >    [*] emerge -vu portage
14 >    [*] emerge -vuDp world
15
16 WOrks fine.
17
18 >           [*] if everything went OK: emerge -vuD world
19
20 I wonder if I really should be that brave :) .
21
22 >    [*] revdep-rebuild --pretend
23 >    [*] revdep-rebuild
24
25 Thanks a lot for all the hints. Each one of them is being
26 considered :-) .
30 Best regards
33 ce
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list