From: Stefan Wimmer <swimmer@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Practical log reviewing
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:20:56
1 * reader@×××××××.com <reader@×××××××.com> [2006-08-22 04:57] :
2 > You say it is easy to install and so it is, But once installed it
3 > isn't at all clear what this thing does.
4 >
5 > I'm guessing somewhere in all the hoopla it presents you with some
6 > analysis of logs.
7 >
8 > Its not one bit clear from there site how to get to that point.
9 > Sorry for the rant but I was sort of surprised to find no real
10 > overview that tells what this tool does in some detail.
11 >
12 > This is the overview on the home page:
13 > [...]
14 >
15 > After that there is a manual the describes running the tool, but I
16 > never see any detailed summary of what it really does and how to
17 > access the analysis.
18 >
20
21 Did you have a look at the FAQ (http://www.ossec.net/en/faq.html) as well? I
22 admit that this package is quite mighty and might be overkill for what you want
23 but the FAQ at least explains a few terms ...
24
25 HTH
26 swimmer
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list