From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gdm fails to start - SOLVED
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 06:05:27
1 On Mon, 2017-05-22 at 10:16 +0200, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > I'm unable to start the gdm service on a recently installed gnome
3 > desktop (~x86): the service continuously fails and restarts with the
4 > errors below. If I disable the service and login into a text console,
5 > startx works fine but the Gnome session misses some features (e.g.
6 > screen lock). I enabled debug logging on gdm but nothing significant
7 > appears.
10 Sorry to pick up a rather old thread started by myself, but someone
11 found a solution and I suppose it should be visible here also:
12
13 1. Unmerge gdm.
14 2. Remove the gdm user, the gdm group and any files in /var/lib/gdm.
15 3. Merge gdm. This created a new gdm user with a different uid.
16
17 Ref:
18 https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6038
19