From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: can one tell me: gentoo vs opensuse
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 23:32:46
1 On 2011-12-06, ny6p01@×××××.com <ny6p01@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 11:15:31AM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 05:54:22 -0500, LinuxIsOne wrote:
4 >>
5 >> > But I don't know why the creators of Gentoo made it so difficult for
6 >> > beginners!
7 >>
8 >> Because Gentoo is not for beginners, there are already plenty of distros,
9 >> like Mandriva and Ubuntu, catering for first time users. Gentoo is a
10 >> "power users" distro.
11
12 > And yet the documentation is clear enough for anyone to follow along.
13 > Which leads me to my next point: the Gentoo documentation is far and
14 > away the best of any distro I have tried.
15
16 Definitely.
17
18 The Ubuntu documentation seems to be mainly user-forum threads full of
19 wrong answers posted by people who didn't understand the question.
20
21 > Whoever writes these docs deserves a heap of accolades for his
22 > efforts.
23
24 The Gentoo docs are indeed brilliant.
27 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Here I am in the
28 at POSTERIOR OLFACTORY LOBULE
29 gmail.com but I don't see CARL SAGAN
30 anywhere!!