From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something weird and I'm confused. BIOS and SATA is empty
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:45:13
1 On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:18:05 -0500, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2
3 > > There is, but the file is called .version. The contents of this are
4 > > appended to the kernel name when you have the relevant options set.
5 > > There is no manual intervention needed.
6
7 > But I still need to create .version every time I compile a
8 > new set of kernel sources for the first time, right? That's
9 > what I'm doing now (localversion2 is a symlink to .version)
10
11 Not AFAIR. I can't see anything in my build scripts that either creates
12 or updates this file, it is created and updated automatically after each
13 make.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Capt'n! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!