From: "J García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] gcc-6.4.0-r1::gentoo failed (compile phase)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 13:33:21
1 2018-03-28 12:08 GMT-06:00 <thelma@×××××××××××.com>:
2
3 > I'm still searching for a good guid howto over NFS.
4 > It is till not clear to me what to do before or after. I need to start
5 > with emerging NFS :-/
6 >
7 > On my Atom-330 with MAKEOPTS="-j1" it took me over 12-hours to compile
8 > just gcc-6.4.0-r1 :-/
9 > and I have server on that network 8-core AMD with 32-GB or RAM (so I
10 > might as well put it into a good use).
11 I would not bother with NFS for this, portage has some options you can
12 add to make.conf to transfer the binary packages using HTTP, namely
13 FEATURES=getbinpkg and the variable PORTAGE_BINHOST, you can add those
14 to the less powerful machine, check the manual about make.conf for the
15 details on each.
16 An example:
17 PORTAGE_BINHOST="http://10.0.0.X:8000"
18 Just make it appropriate for your LAN, then run a simple HTTP server
19 on the directory that contains the binary packages on the powerful
20 machine, no need install any HTTP server package, python can do it
21 [1][2]:
22 For example:
23 $ cd $PKGDIR
24 $ python2 -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000
25 or
26 $ python3 -m http.server 8000
27 You can even add that as part of the service that creates the chroot
28 as suggested before.
29 .
30 [1] https://docs.python.org/3.6/library/http.server.html?highlight=httpserver#module-http.server
31 [2] https://docs.python.org/2/library/simplehttpserver.html#module-SimpleHTTPServer