From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 18:38:49
1 On 4/22/20 2:24 PM, Consus wrote:
2 > On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 02:19:19PM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >> How do you plan to update all of your programs when there's a security
4 >> vulnerability in, say, OpenSSL?
5 >
6 > emerge -1 @world of course :D
7 >
8 > By the way, Rust does support dynamic linking (to a degree), but does
9 > not have (yet, I pray) stable ABI. So what's current Gentoo team
10 > consensus on security updates? Will there be Cargo.lock metadata that
11 > will allows portage to automatically rebuild against newer library
12 > versions?
15 Rust packages get no security updates. Neither do Go packages. That's
16 what I'm screaming about in those threads on gentoo-dev that you singled
17 out in your original post =)