From: "Budd
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg compile errors
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:08:46
1 Hi all,
2 I have recently installed Gentoo (from the 2005.1 live disk) on an AMD64
3 machine. I have been working on it for a number of days now and I have
4 yet to have a succesful compile of xorg (oddly, I was able to get a
5 partial compile that enables me to limp along reasonable well with X).
6 Here is the error message that I get when the compile breaks:
7
8 "aborting at
9 /var/tmp/portage/binutils-2.15.92.0.2-rio/work/binutils-2.15.92.0.2/bfd/
10 elfcode.h line 215 in bfd_elf64_swap_symbol_out"
11
12 Other observations:
13 - It does not appear to be a USE flag issue as I have tried compiling
14 with no flags
15 - I am using -march=k8 (was using am64 but I believe there is no
16 difference between the two)
17 - compiler options are default (-O2 and -pipe)
18 - I have been getting semi-random page faults (but only on compiles, and
19 only on specific packages, gtk+ and xorg for example)
20 - I have run memtest86+ and prime95 extensively to check for memory
21 errors with no problems
22 - I did the install from the stage1 not stage3 sources as indicated in
23 the Gentoo Handbook
24 - I boot from a SATA drive if that makes any difference (using sata_nv)
25 - The MB in nForce4 Ultra based
26
27 Any hints, clues, suggestions greatly appreciated.
28
29 TIA,
30 -Tracy
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list