From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Building an ARM uclibc system
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 19:08:17
1 I'm trying to build a tiny Gentoo uclibc system. I'm chrooted into this
2 stage:
3
4 http://mirrors.rit.edu/gentoo/experimental/arm/uclibc/
5
6 and I'm using:
7
8 ROOT=/tiny/ emerge baselayout uclibc bash udev coreutils util-linux shadow
9 kbd net-tools grep procps gzip sed findutils
10
11 It's working a lot better than I expected but I'm hoping you guys can help
12 me with a couple issues I can't figure out.
13
14 1)
15
16 I get the following error when I boot the tiny system unless I copy
17 libgcc_s.so.1 from the stage to /tiny/lib/libgcc_s.so.1:
18
19 sh: can't load library 'libgcc_s.so.1'
20
21 Is there a better way to fix this?
22
23 2)
24
25 When I try to start jackd from the tiny system I get:
26
27 jackd: symbol 'clock_nanosleep': can't resolve symbol
28 could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so': (null)
29
30 The following files in both / and /tiny/ reference clock_nanosleep if I
31 open them in a text editor:
32
33 lib/librt.so.0
34 usr/lib/librt.a
35
36 I do have /usr/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so inside the tiny system.
37
38 Maybe this is relevant:
39
40 # ldconfig
41 ldconfig: You should remove `/lib' from `/etc/ld.so.conf'
42 ldconfig: You should remove `/usr/lib' from `/etc/ld.so.conf'
43 # cat /etc/ld.so.conf
44 # ld.so.conf autogenerated by env-update; make all changes to
45 # contents of /etc/env.d directory
46 /lib
47 /usr/lib
48 /usr/local/lib
49
50 I think Gentoo normally prevents problems like these, but they're coming up
51 since I'm setting this up in an unconventional way.
52
53 - Grant