From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mirrorselect on new install
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 20:53:30
1 On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=6 seems
3 > to have a circular reference, that is, suggesting the use of the subject
4 > utility prior to chrooting and having any such utility in $PATH. I've never
5 > installed Gentoo before, so maybe I've missed something. Or maybe that page
6 > could use another link or some rewrite to clarify?
7 >
8 > I tried to find an answer via http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/ but it
9 > seems to lack a search function/box. :-(
10 > --
11 > "The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant
12 > words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)
13 >
14 >  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!
15 >
16 > Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/
20 If it's the first line in the link, then this is done before the
21 chroot. Note that the path is the etc directory in the eventual
22 install. You get the make.conf file set up and then chroot. The guide
23 is correct.
24
25 mirrorselect -i -o >> /mnt/gentoo/etc/make.conf
26
27 That's not to say that it couldn't be done after the chroot. It
28 possibly could. I've never done it that way though.
29
30 Hope this helps,
31 Mark
32
33 mirrorselect -i -o >> /mnt/gentoo/etc/make.conf