From: Brad Camroux <bgcamroux@××××.ca>
To: Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Reading ~/.xsession file
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:57:58
1 Greetings all,
2
3 I'm having trouble getting my ~/.xsession file to read when I login. I am using XDM/KDM
4 combination for a login manager, and I've noticed after googling that there have been
5 problems with KDM and .xsession files in the past, but these articles date back to 2003.
6 I use fluxbox as my preferred window manager. I know how to set things to run
7 automatically when I start fluxbox, but I'd like it to start automatically no matter what
8 WM I decide to use. Here is my current .xsession file:
9
10 ~>cat .xsession
11 xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap
12
13 I just want to define the multimedia keys on my keyboard, and make a couple of convenience
14 changes for using emacs.
15
16 Any help would be appreciated :)
17