From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Connecting a network printer
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 16:24:08
1 On 13/01/2022 15:29, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 13 January 2022 13:47:51 GMT Wols Lists wrote:
3 >> On 13/01/2022 12:10, Dale wrote:
4 >>> I'm not sure about yours but I am very pleased with features and the
5 >>> print quality. My only gripe is the cartridges and their cost.
6 >> I didn't think £50 was that expensive for a cartridge ... until I saw it
7 >> was only 1000 pages! £80 for 3000 - not superb but not bad.
8
9 > I've just paid £140 for a 3,500-page magenta toner cartridge from
10 > printerland.co.uk. A lot of money, but it'll last me a long time.
13 My HP came with a (standard) 1 year warranty but it also came with an
14 "extended 3 year warranty so long as you only use HP cartridges".
15
16 So when the initial cartridges ran out I bought a complete set of HP
17 cartridges - at about 150% the initial price of the printer! - but they
18 lasted me right through til the printer was about 2 years 10 months old.
19 So I then bought a set of compatibles, and they're fine. If the printer
20 does break, I'll have saved enough to buy a new one (and the printer
21 itself came from Printerland :-)
22
23 Cheers,
24 Wol