From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] prune gentoo-sources vs rm gentoo-sources
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:10:39
1 On Thursday 26 November 2009 19:25:25 Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > according to the docs the approved method of removing old
5 > gentoo-sources is emerge --prune. But I've already used rm -rf on
6 > them. Have I set myself up for a problem later?
7
8 No.
9
10 Beware --prune. It removes all but the latest SLOT. That night not be what you
11 want.
12
13 portage doesn't do anything unusual when unmerging packages that have files
14 missing. It simply notes that they are missing and continues deleting the ones
15 that are there.
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com