From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo-sources : stable versions
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 02:42:07
1 180626 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 8:58 PM Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> Does anyone know why the latest stable version of Gentoo-sources is 4.9.xx ?
4 >> I installed 4.9.16 , which I continue to use, on 2017-04-06 .
5 >> The tree contains versions of 4.14 4.16 4.17 , but all are still testing.
6 > I tend to just use my own upstream kernels. I'm following the 4.14 longterm
7 > and generally update within a few days of any release.
8 > That said, I have been burned by the odd regression.
9
10 Thanks for the other info (snipped). All Vanilla-sources are testing,
11 which seems to correspond to your "upstream" kernels.
12
13 What does this say re recent kernel development or Gentoo's kernel team ?
14 -- very quick thanks as always to Gentoo's volunteer developers,
15 but something seems to be going astray here (smile).
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca